By renting a booth at the EGU General Assembly 2024, the exhibitor accepts the following terms & conditions.
- The booking of exhibition booths is through the official booking form only. Hereby, the exhibitor selects their preferred booth location by selecting the respective booth number.
- The invoice for exhibition space rental must be paid within 14 days after receiving the invoice. Otherwise, the rental will be cancelled.
- The EGU reserves the right to reject exhibitors. In such a case, a respective rejection notification will be sent in a timely manner.
- Cancellations can only be refunded in the case of a written notification prior to 15 February 2024. The following cancellation fees apply and will be deducted:
- Until 31 December 2023: No cancellation fee
- Until 31 January 2024: 30% cancellation fee
- Until 15 February 2024: 50% cancellation fee
- No refunds will be made after 15 February 2024.
Liability and insurance
- Proof of insurance must be provided upon request. Exhibitors are requested to have a rider on their current insurance policy to cover loss of, theft of, or damage to their exhibit or other personal property while it is located at or is in transit to or from the Austria Center Vienna.
- The exhibitor shall indemnify the Austria Center Vienna, SYMA, Copernicus GmbH, and the EGU against, rendering them and their representatives innocent, complaints, suits, or liabilities resulting from negligence of the exhibitor in connection with the exhibit's use of display space.
- The Austria Center Vienna, SYMA, Copernicus GmbH, and the EGU are not liable for loss, damage, or theft, through any cause, of goods, hand-carried items, exhibits, or other materials owned, rented, or leased by the exhibitor.
- Personal effects, promotional material, and other small, easily removable valuable items should not be left unattended at any time.
- In no event are the Austria Center Vienna, SYMA, Copernicus GmbH, and the EGU liable for incidental, consequential, special, indirect or punitive damages for any harm arising from or related to the use of exhibit space under the contract agreement.
- The provision obligation of Copernicus GmbH towards the exhibitor for services and goods provided by Copernicus GmbH or through partner companies is limited to the Standard Exhibitor Service as described in the general information for exhibitors. Copernicus GmbH is not responsible or liable for any other services or goods, including but not limited to technical equipment, additional furniture, or catering, ordered by the exhibitor directly from a partner company of Copernicus GmbH or any other service provider. The provision obligation of Copernicus GmbH for the Standard Exhibitor Service is fulfilled through the provision on the set-up day. Any subsequent use of the exhibit space and the Standard Exhibitor Service through the exhibitor is the liability of the exhibitor.
Booth setup and dismantling
- The exhibitor agrees that the material to be exhibited will not be delivered to the conference venue later than Wednesday, 10 April 2024 (the deadline for air freight to arrive at Vienna Airport is Monday, 8 April 2024). Any individual fascia board designs must be provided by 5 March 2024 at the very latest.
- No nails, screws, or other fixtures may be drilled into any part of the premises, including the floors. Nor may any part of the premises be damaged or disfigured in any way. Should any damage occur, the exhibitor will be invoiced for repair charges incurred.
- Exhibits in the rented booth space must be set up so as to not disturb neighbouring booths acoustically or visually and to avoid the creation of any obstruction within the booths or aisles. This also applies to presentations and demonstrations by the exhibitor and the gathering of participants at the booth.
- The exhibitor will not dismantle the display before Friday, 19 April 2024, 13:00. The EGU reserves the right to impose a penalty fee on those exhibitors who dismantle their booth before Friday, 13:00, and to exclude those exhibitors from possible booth rentals at future EGU General Assemblies.
- All free exhibitor staff registrations included in the booth rental must be finally entered in the exhibitor management tool by 5 March 2024, 13:00 CET. After this date, it is neither possible to change staff members nor add staff members for the free registrations.
- Additional staff member registrations cannot be processed through the exhibitor management tool. If you have more staff members attending, the respective staff members must register individually with their own Copernicus Office user ID at the regular registration rates.
Pandemics, hazards, and force majeure
- Any person who attends the conference on site in Vienna is obliged to follow any official regulations regarding health and hygiene that are valid during the conference runtime. Such regulations are considered official and mandatory if publicly announced by the European Union/Commission, the federal government of Austria, the federal state of Vienna, the city of Vienna, or the Austria Center Vienna as the hosting venue.
- The obligation to follow official health and hygiene regulations is not only applied to COVID-19, but to any other pandemic or epidemic that might occur in the future.
- Hazards that make it impossible to run the EGU24 at the Austria Center Vienna grant Copernicus Meetings the right to cancel the event and therefore terminate the exhibition booth rental including the Standard Exhibitor Service. In such cases, the full booth rental fee is reimbursed. Copernicus Meetings, however, will not be liable for other costs the exhibitor might have had (e.g., travel and accommodation of booth representatives, planing and construction of booth material, costs of logistics and forwarding, as well as costs incurring through individual orders from any suppliers in Vienna).